Research Paper – Reemerging, Emerging, or Current Health Care Issue HSA 300
The purpose of this paper is to examine an emerging or current issue in health care. While not limited to these, several potential topics are:
- Reemerging outbreaks such as COVID-19, measles, or Ebola.
- Human trafficking.
- Violence in health care settings.
- Medical tourism.
- Consumer-directed health care.
- Assisted suicide.
- Medical marijuana.
- Mandatory vaccinations.
- Personalized medicine.
Research, examine, and analyze your issue with thought, sensitivity, and reflection. Your paper must have the following elements:
- The paper must be 3–5 pages in length.
- Clearly introduce your issue, including supporting information and identify the resources or protocols that a provider would need to consider and have in place to address the issue (for example, policies, staffing levels and relevant training, isolation areas, et cetera).
- Explain the leadership and managerial responses and responsibilities; for example, assuring compliance with policy and procedure and required reporting (such as to the Department of Health/CDC).
- Discuss the cultural impact (for example, treatment choices due to religious beliefs).
- Describe the legislative actions or government agencies that may be involved (for example, CDC, AMA, ACA, EMTALA, et cetera).
- End your paper with a summary of your research including potential related impacts on the health care industry and related significance.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine the influence of political, economic, and social factors and the impact of the U.S. health care system on an emerging or current health care issue.