Write 1 page:
Information systems are integrated into all components of business today, but can they bring competitive advantage? Over the years, there have been many answers to this question.
Describe some examples of information systems that have provided businesses with a competitive advantage.
Why do you think this company succeeded or failed?
How do you think the company in your example has or will continue to thrive?
Remember based on our reading, a strategic information system attempts to do one or more of the following:
- Deliver a product or a service at a lower cost;
- Deliver a product or service that is differentiated;
- Help an organization focus on a specific market segment;
- Enable innovation.
Here are some examples of information systems that fall into this category.
- Business Process Management Systems
- Electronic Data Interchange