This paper will contain the following information:
- An overview of the practice environment where you hope to implement the technology you selected
- A description of the stakeholders who could give input into this project
- An explanation of how you would introduce this technology, utilizing change theory as a framework for implementation
- Describe your chosen change theory
- Explain how it will guide your implementation
The paper should include:
- at least 3 professional references,
- be 4-5 pages long (excluding the title and references pages),
- contain an introduction and conclusion,
- in-text citations,
- a cover page, and
- a reference page
This paper must follow all proper APA formatting requirements.
Expert Solution Preview
Technology has transformed healthcare in various aspects, making it more efficient and accessible. The implementation of technology requires careful planning and consideration, taking into account the practice environment and stakeholders involved. In this paper, we will discuss the implementation of a new technology and the appropriate change theory to guide its implementation.
1. An overview of the practice environment where you hope to implement the technology you selected:
The practice environment selected for the implementation of the technology is a hospital setting. The hospital has a large number of patients, and there is a need for advanced technology to increase efficiency and reduce errors. The technology being implemented is a new electronic health record system that will help healthcare professionals access patient data easily and improve patient outcomes. This system will be utilized by all healthcare providers within the hospital, including physicians, nurses, and medical assistants.
2. A description of the stakeholders who could give input into this project:
The stakeholders involved in this project include healthcare providers, hospital administration, patients, and regulatory bodies. The healthcare providers will be responsible for using and implementing the new system, and hence their input will be essential in the project’s success. Hospital administration will oversee the implementation of the new technology and ensure that it meets the hospital’s standards. Patients’ input is also important as the new system affects their care, their privacy, and their rights. Regulatory bodies will ensure that the system meets legal and regulatory requirements.
3. An explanation of how you would introduce this technology, utilizing change theory as a framework for implementation:
a. Describe your chosen change theory
The chosen change theory for this project is Lewin’s Change Management Model. This model involves three steps: Unfreezing, Changing, and Refreezing. This change theory helps healthcare providers’ transition from the old system to the new system by preparing them for change.
b. Explain how it will guide your implementation
In the first step, unfreezing, the healthcare providers will be informed about the need for a new system and trained on its use. In the second step, changing, the new system will be implemented, and healthcare providers will be supervised during the initial stages of using the new system. In the third step, refreezing, the healthcare providers will be encouraged to continue using the new system and receive feedback on their performance. The Lewin’s Change Management Model will guide the implementation by ensuring that the new system is efficiently being used and healthcare providers adapt to the changes quickly.
The implementation of technology requires careful planning and consideration, taking into account the practice environment and stakeholders involved. The chosen change theory, Lewin’s Change Management Model, helps healthcare providers transition from the old system to the new system efficiently. By following this model, we can ensure that the implementation of the new electronic health record system proceeds smoothly, improving patient outcomes and increasing efficiency.