topic selection: Mental Retardation and the article is on file
1) Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions. a. Select a scholarly nursing or research article, published within the last five years, related to mental health
nursing. The content of the article must relate to evidence-based practice.
• You may need to evaluate several articles to find one that is appropriate.
b. Ensure that no other member of your clinical group chooses the same article, then submit your choice for
c. The submitted assignment should be 2-3 pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages.
2) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric must match exactly).
Introduction (10 points/10%)
• Establishes purpose of the paper
• Captures attention of the reader Article Summary (30 points/30%)
• Statistics to support significance of the topic to mental health care
• Key points of the article
• Key evidence presented
• Examples of how the evidence can be incorporated into your nursing practice Article Critique (30 points/30%)
• Present strengths of the article
• Present weaknesses of the article
• Discuss if you would/would not recommend this article to a colleague
Conclusion (15 points/15%)
• Provides analysis or synthesis of information within the body of the text
• Supported by ides presented in the body of the paper
• Is clearly written
Article Selection and Approval (5 points/5%)
• Current (published in last 5 years)
• Relevant to mental health care
• Not used by another student within the clinical group
• Submitted and approved as directed by instructor
APA format and Writing Mechanics (10 points/10%)
Expert Solution Preview
Mental Retardation is one of the leading mental health conditions that require special attention from medical practitioners. As a medical professor, it is crucial to provide medical college students with adequate exposure to current research articles that provide insights into how we can enhance evidence-based practice. In this assignment, the students will be required to select and evaluate a research article related to Mental Retardation, published within the last five years, based on the provided guidelines.
For this assignment, students should select a scholarly nursing or research article related to Mental Retardation, which has been published in the last five years. The article should be approved by the faculty member responsible for the assignment to ensure that the selected articles are relevant, and no other student in the class is using the same article.
The article summary section should include statistical evidence to support the significance of the chosen topic to the field of mental health care. Additionally, the students should present the key points and evidence presented in the selected article and provide examples of how this evidence can be integrated into nursing practice. The summary section should be detailed and should support the insights presented in the article.
In the article critique, students must provide a balanced evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the selected article. They must justify whether or not they would recommend this article to a colleague. This section should be supported by evidence from the article and other sources.
Lastly, in the conclusion, students should provide a synthesis of the information presented in the article, and the critique section should be supported by the ideas presented in the body of the text. The conclusion should be well-written, provide a clear analysis, and insightful interpretation of the information presented in the review.
Finally, the students must also ensure that their work is in compliance with APA format and should carefully proofread their work to eliminate errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling. This assignment will equip the medical college students with detailed insights into Mental Retardation and the latest evidence-based practices, which they can integrate into their medical practices.